Monday, January 14, 2013

I have the fishing blues... But in that aspect I will tell 2 funny fishing stories! So... one day I was in Mount Vernon competing in a Fishing Contest! After my first couple casts I landed a 19 3/4 inch trout! Well turns out in the last 5 minutes (The judges were literally weighing in the fish)  this little 2 year old (I was watching her from the judges tent) had one hand on her Dad's pole while her Dad reeled casted etcetera. He caught a 20 inch trout and I lost!
I won this pole in a raffle at the fish competition! Which was nice considering I walked away with a funny story and a pole!















                                    My other funny story is (in my mind) the coolest thing that ever happened during fishing. Gabriel was fishing on the erie isle dock (Where we go to vacation) and caught bottom. So Dad walked over and tried to yank it out, and he did but when he reeled it was like there was a HUGE fish on the line! Gabriel had been catching "bad" (Not good eating) fish all day (Sheepheads) well after he reeled the line in there was a pole attached! He set it down to untangle it and the pole started moving! He had a fish on! He reeled it in and it was a....................................................................................................... SHEEPHEAD! He ended up catching no good fish but had the best story ever!

1 comment:

About Me

I am a avid fisherman, I am home schooled and love to read books.